Before your move:
- You will need to let your current energy supplier know the date of your move. It is recommend that you ring them at least 48 hours before the day of the move. You should also give them your new address so that they can send you your final bill.
- On the day of your move you will need to take a final meter reading and send this onto your supplier. You should keep a record of this yourself to avoid any chance of discrepancies.
- If you are in a rental property then your meter reading should be passed onto the landlord.
- You may also want to leave a note for the new occupant that tells them who is currently supplying the energy to make things easier for them.
After your move:
- The first step is to find out who is the current energy supplier of your new home. If the previous occupant hasn’t left these details then you can phone this helpline 0870 608 1524. Alternatively you can use the Find my Supplier website.
- You will then need to take the meter readings and pass these onto the current supplier along with the date you moved into your new property.
- At this point you will be placed onto a standard tariff with this supplier but it is recommended that you shop around to make sure you are getting the best possible deal. Using Which Switch should make that fairly simple.
Energy supplier customer service numbers:
Atlantic – 0800 980 9042
Better Energy- 0845 180 4000
British Gas – 0800 048 0202
Bulb – 0300 30 30 635
Co-Operative Energy – 0800 954 0693
EDF – 0800 096 9000
Eon – 0345 303 3020
Npower – 0800 073 3000
If you need a hand with your removals in Coventry, or if you want to ask us any questions. Please contact us using the contact us page. Alternatively you can give us a call on 02476 332 889 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here at Keebles Removals Coventry we have many years of expertise in the removals and storage industry, and we will be more than happy to help!